Welcome To My New Digital Space. Welcome To The #ferreiroV3 blog.
In 15 days and with more than 300 commits, ferreiroV3 has launched. In this post, I will present my new website, my motivations, and my future plans.
I believe that every professional, no matter the sector, should have a solid digital presence to communicate who they are, what they are good at, and share what they know. Otherwise, we miss professional opportunities and the chance to connect with other inspiring people with similar passions.
With this idea in mind, I decided to create my new personal website to build the foundations of my digital voice, share what I know with the world, and learn as much as possible from other people’s feedback and ideas.
> Having a solid digital presence is key for every professional and may connect us with inspiring people and opportunities.
To build a digital profile that aligns with my goals, I decided to focus the website experience around the content. These are the different sections of #ferreiroV3:
- Biography: Information about myself and my background.
- Blog: A space to share what I know and the things I’ll learn. I am planning on writing blog posts about software engineering, product management, and entrepreneurship.
- Talks and Workshops: Videos and slides from previous talks.
- Contact and Newsletter: A place to send me a message or subscribe to updates on my blog and projects.
- Feedback: A place to send me your ideas, bugs, or things to improve the overall web page or the blog posts.
Here is a summary of the features and technical details for the techies in the room:
- 📱 I re-designed the user interface and user experience on every page for mobile and desktop with a responsive design.
- ✍ I created my own content management system ([CMS](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Content_management_system)) for the blog that I may make open source in the future.
- 🤓 I refactored the backend architecture—created the blog, integrated Amazon S3 and MongoDB, and added more routes and API endpoints.
My Future Plans
One of my main focuses will be the blog, since it represents a real challenge and a great opportunity to share the things I know and that I’m passionate about, and also allows me to practice my communication skills. I’ll do my best to create useful and practical posts about software, product management, and entrepreneurship.
> My idea is to write articles and create a community of people with the same interests as me: software, product management, and entrepreneurship .
I also want to gain experience in public speaking. To do so, I have created a section with my previous talks and workshops and a contact form (https://www.ferreiro.me/contact/talk), so people organizing events can get in touch with me directly. Ping me you’re interested in having me speak at your event!
I see my website as a meeting point for all the different projects, initiatives, and content I create. I want ferreiro.me to be a dynamic place with useful things. In the long run, I really want to be proud of all the content I create and try to inspire other people or, at least, share meaningful content.
Your Help Is Important!
Building a blog and creating an online community is hard. Today, I have laid the first brick, but I need your help! I really want you to be part of this, and you can help me in different ways:
- Newsletter: If you are interested in the blog topics, I invite you to join the newsletter. You’ll receive my new blog posts and projects directly to your inbox. I’ll do my best to deliver useful articles. Your subscription helps me and motivates me a lot. http://ferreiro.me/newsletter
- Feedback: I’m always trying to improve everything I do. If you have some feedback, please use this link: Feedback
- Share and Connect: You can follow me on Twitter @jgferreiro, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Thank you so much for reading!